Parish Council Meeting Agenda
Parish Councillors are summoned to
A MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
|DATE:||TUESDAY 9 JUNE 2020|
|NOTE VENUE:||MEETING TO BE HELD REMOTELY, VIA VIDEO-LINK|
ACCESS DETAILS: Click the link to join
When prompted, insert password: 7Rqbk7
Meeting ID: 988 5672 9081
Enquiries to: Clerk: Carol Jones
|Signed:||Date of Issue: 4 June 2020|
|Notes for Members of the Public:|
1. This meeting is being held remotely in accordance with regulations made under S.78 of the Coronavirus Act 2020. There are, therefore, no paper copies of the agenda or the accompanying documents.
2. All documents (other than those which are restricted) can be accessed from the Parish Council’s website – www.cholmondeley-chorley.co.uk.
3. On this first occasion of holding a meeting remotely, Public Question Time has been limited to written questions only which must be submitted to the Clerk by 5.00 pm on Monday, 8 June 2020.
1 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies for absence should be notified to the Clerk by noon on the day of the meeting, if possible.
2 DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
Members to declare any disclosable pecuniary interest or non-pecuniary interest which they have in any item of business on the agenda, the nature of that interest, and in respect of disclosable interests, to leave the meeting prior to the discussion of that item.
Whilst the Clerk can advise on the Code of Conduct and its interpretation, the decision to declare, or not, is the responsibility of the Parish Councillor, based on the particular circumstances.
To approve the Minutes of the Meeting held on 21 January 2020.
Members are reminded that as the lockdown was introduced on 23 March 2020, the Parish Council did not hold a meeting in March.
4 PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
Members of the public have been asked to submit questions, in writing, by 5.00 pm on Monday, 8 June 2020. This arrangement is intended for this first remote meeting only.
The question will be read to the meeting and the Chairman will respond. If he is unable to respond, he will defer either to another Councillor, or the Clerk. If it is not possible to provide a response at the meeting, a written response will be provided at a later date.
5 COVID-19: REGULATIONS FOR TOWN AND PARISH COUNCILS – UPDATE
Members are aware from information provided separately, that under S.78 of the Coronavirus Act 2020, new Regulations have been put into place, and these have made the following key changes to local government procedures.
- The regulations apply to all local authority meetings to be held before 7 May 2021. This date could change if the lockdown rules are relaxed.
- Meetings can be held remotely, via video-link and this can be attended by members of the public.
- The Annual Parish Meeting (comprising electors in the parish) is not permitted to be held remotely.
- Where appointments would normally be made at Annual Council, no such appointments are to be made and all office-holders, eg Chairman and Vice- Chairman, remain until May 2021, unless the Council decides to elect replacements earlier.
- Voting arrangements can be stipulated in a revision to Standing Orders. The current arrangement is by show of hands; however, as the meeting is being held remotely and it is not possible for the Clerk to view all Members at the same time, it is suggested that after each item, Members are individually polled for their vote.
- Public Notice of meetings (in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960) has been amended so that the time and place of a meeting is deemed to have been given if published on the Council’s website. Note: ‘place’ has been re-defined to apply to the appropriate platform being used for remote meetings.
6 INSURANCE COVER – 1 JUNE 2020 – 31 MAY 2021
The Parish Council is asked to review its insurance cover for the period 1 June 2020 – 31 May 2020.
The insurance documents provided by Zurich Municipal are enclosed. As the insurance cover was due to start prior to the date of the Parish Council meeting, the Clerk has approved it and paid the invoice.
The Parish Council is asked to ratify the Clerk’s action in approving the insurance policy and settling the invoice.
Members are invited to review the documentation and raise any queries which can be referred direct to Zurich Municipal.
7 ANNUAL ACCOUNTS – 2019-2020
7.1 The Parish Council is asked to approve the accounts for 2019-2020. The accounts have now been collected by the Internal Auditor for auditing.
As a result of the pandemic, the audit regulations have been revised as follows:
(a) The public inspection period must commence on or before 1 September 2020. This was formerly to include the first 10 working days of July.
(b) The AGAR must be approved and published by 31 August 2020 at the latest.
(c) A wet signature is still a requirement. When the accounts are returned, the Chairmanwill need to sign the AGAR.
(d) The publication date for final, audited accounts has moved from 30 September to 30November 2020 for all local authorities, BUT this does not apply to those authority which declare them exempt and submit a Certificate of Exemption to the External Auditor.
(e) It is suggested that a meeting be held in late July/early August 2020 to review the Internal Auditor’s report.
7.2 Accounts for Approval
The following documents are enclosed:
(a) Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) Part 2.
Page 3 is the Certificate of Exemption and the Parish Council is asked to confirm that it wishes to be regarded as exempt from external audit on the basis that its annual gross income is less than £25,000.
(b) Copy of ledger for 2019-2020 showing bank reconciliation.
(c) Assets List.
7.3 Annual Governance and Accountability Review (AGAR)
The AGAR must be approved in a specific order. Section 1 first (the Annual Governance Statement) and secondly, Section 2 (Accounting Statement) and the minute Nos. must demonstrate that they were considered in the correct order.
7.4 Section 1 – Annual Governance Statement – 2019-2020
The Parish Council is asked to give specific consideration to points 1 – 9 as it is the Council’s responsibility to ensure that there is a sound system of internal control including arrangements for the preparation of the accounting statements.
7.5 Section 2 – Accounting Statements – 2019-2020
To approve the accounts for 2019-2020.
7.6 Review of the Effectiveness of Internal Audit
It is suggested that the Parish Council review the effectiveness of the internal audit process for 2019-2020 when the accounts have been returned.
8 FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS
8.1 To note that payment to Selectmark, in the sum of £2,215.20 (£1,846.00 net and £369.20 VAT) has been made, for the ‘DNA’ kits approved by the Parish Council.
8.2 Payments requiring approval
|£40.00||HMRC Tax for the first quarter of the new tax year|
|£40.00||HMRC Underpaid tax during 2019-2020|
8.3 Reimbursement to the Clerk (Total £654.54)
Reimbursement for payment of insurance premium (Screenshot enclosed.)
|£160.00||C M Jones|
Underpayment of salary in 2019-2020.
(Members are referred to the ledger for the year 2019-2020. Net salary for the period 1 April – 30 June 2020)
|£200.00||C M Jones|
Net salary for the period 1 April – 30 June 2020
(based on new salary rate)
9 DISTRIBUTION OF ‘DNA’ KITS SUPPLIED BY SELECTMARK
To consider arrangements for the distribution of the Selectmark kits which are intended for supply to each household in the parish.
10 BOROUGH COUNCILLOR’S REPORT
Councillor W S Davies to report on Cheshire East Council matters of interest.
11 NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
To update Members on the current status of the Neighbourhood Plan process..
12 REVIEW OF THE WEBSITE
Councillors Chris Baker and Chris Nickson to report progress on their review of the website.
13 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The Clerk will contact Members when the accounts have been returned after auditing.