Parish Council Meeting Agenda
Parish Councillors are summoned to
A MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
|DATE:||TUESDAY 24 NOVEMBER 2020|
|NOTE VENUE:||MEETING TO BE HELD REMOTELY, VIA VIDEO-LINK|
ACCESS DETAILS: Click the link to join
Enquiries to: Clerk: Carol Jones
Phone: 01270 812065
|Signed:||Date of Issue: 18 November 2020|
|Notes for Members of the Public:|
1. This meeting is being held remotely in accordance with regulations made under S.78 of the Coronavirus Act 2020. There are, therefore, no paper copies of the agenda or the accompanying documents.
2. All documents (other than those which are restricted) can be accessed from the Parish Council’s website – www.cholmondeley-chorley.co.uk.
1 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
2 DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
Members to declare any disclosable pecuniary interest or non-pecuniary interest which they have in any item of business on the agenda, the nature of that interest, and in respect of disclosable interests, to leave the meeting prior to the discussion of that item.Whilst the Clerk can advise on the Code of Conduct and its interpretation, the decision to declare, or not, is the responsibility of the Parish Councillor, based on the particular circumstances.
To approve the Minutes of the Meeting held on 16 September 2020.
4 PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
In accordance with the Parish Council’s Standing Orders (i.e. its Constitution) members of the public are able to ask a question of make a statement, both of which must relate to matters with fall within the remit of the Parish Council.
5 CASUAL VACANCY
To report that Councillor C Crossley has resigned as a parish councillor, with immediate effect.Cheshire East Council will be notified of the vacancy, and a notice will be displayed in the parish inviting the appropriate number of electors to call a by-election. In the event of no election being called, the Parish Council will be able to co-opt to the vacancy.
6 WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY
(Public Sector Bodies (Website and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018)
6.1 Councillors Chris Baker and Chris Nickson to report on progress in respect of the transfer of the domain name to the Parish Council, to enable the new website to be created and operational by 31 December 2020.
6.2 Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities – 2015
As part of the compliance, the Parish Council is required to observe the requirements of the Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities.
Members may recall that at its July 2015, the Clerk submitted a report in respect of The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 and The Local Audit (Smaller Authorities) Regulations 2015. A copy of that report is enclosed, together with the Transparency Code itself. At that meeting, the Council noted the following:
Where an authority has certified itself as exempt, it does not have to comply with the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2014 in most respects, but instead, will be required to comply with the new Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities (authorised by the Smaller Authorities (Transparency Requirements) (England) Regulations 2015 which came into force from 1 April 2015. This requires the following information to be published annually.
Councillor Baker and the Clerk have been in email communication regarding the documents which are required to be uploaded onto the website. The red annotations below indicate compliance, or otherwise.
(a) From April 2015 Smaller Councils should publish
- Minutes of formal meetings (including drafts of council, committee and sub- committee minutes no later than one month after the meeting). Not currently up-to- date.
- Full and informative agendas not later than three clear days before the meeting to which they relate. The Clerk generally issues the agenda five clear days before each meeting which is a requirement for principal authorities only; on occasions, however, if is the statutory three days. This has always been a legal requirement.
(b) From July 2015 (and annually thereafter) Smaller Councils should publish
- Details of every item of spend of £100 or more (exclusive of VAT) showing the date/purpose/amount/and VAT which cannot be recovered. There are six items during 2019-2020 which have not been published. Previous years have not yet been reviewed.
- End of Year accounts as per the Annual Return.✓
The annual governance statement as per the Annual Return.✓
Bank reconciliation statements. Not currently provided.
- The Internal Audit report as per the Annual Return. ✓
- Names of councillors, their responsibilities and which committees and outside bodies they are appointed to by the Council. Other than the Chairman’s role, councillors have no specific responsibilities, but the appointments to outside bodies could be used as an indication of where individual councillors have particular interests. Currently being updated.
- List of assets (land and buildings). Available for the website.
The information referenced should be published on the website. Where councils do not have their own website, the information can be published on another organisation’s website; for example, the principal authority.
6.3 Document Retention Policy
As part of the review of the website and the documents which are required to be uploaded, it will be helpful to remind Members of the Document Retention Policy which was approved in September 2014. Copy enclosed.
7 BUDGET – 2021-2022
The Parish Council is asked to consider its budget requirements for 2021-2022.
Cheshire East Council requires notification by no later than Friday, 15 January 2021. Although the Parish Council meeting is due to be held on 26 January, it is suggested that this be brought forward to 12 January 2021 to enable the Council to consider a final draft prior to requesting a precept.
The following documents are enclosed:
- Clerk’s covering report
- Budget-monitoring report together with draft budget for 2021-22
- NALC Pay Scales 2020-21
8.1 Planning Applications
The Parish Council is invited to comment on the following planning applications by
2 December 2020. The applications can be viewed by visiting Cheshire East Council’s website.
|20/3719N||Old Hall, Cholmondeley Park, Cholmondeley SY14 8HB|
Listed building consent for landscaping works to the garden surrounding Old Hall, including re-laying of the drive, new hard and soft landscaping, fencing and the construction of three garden structures:
Orangery/ Garden Room, Wood Store and Glass House.
|20/3718N||Old Hall, Cholmondeley Park, Cholmondeley SY14 8HB|
Landscaping works to the garden surrounding Old Hall, including re- laying of the drive, new hard and soft landscaping, fencing and the construction of three garden structures: Orangery/Garden Room, Wood Store and Glass House.
8.2 Revised Publication Draft Site Allocations and Development Policies Document (SADPD)
Cheshire East Council has extended its consultation in respect of the amended SADPD and is now inviting further representations before it is submitted for examination by a planning inspector.
The following documents are enclosed:
- Letter to town and parish councils.
- Statement of Representations Procedure
- Notice for display on notice-boards (or to be uploaded onto websites)
Comments are invited by 5.00 pm on Wednesday, 23 December 2020.
9 NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
The Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group to report progress and feedback from the most recent questionnaire which was delivered to each household in the parish.
10 DISTRIBUTION OF SELECTAMARK KITS
The Clerk contacted Selectamark about a training video and advice about the distribution of the kits. In response a member of the Selectamark team contacted the Clerk and undertook to provide detailed information, including a training video, to enable the Parish Council to be able to offer registration to householders who wish to take advantage of this scheme.
Details are enclosed which have a link to the registration system and a link to the YouTube channel.
11 APPOINTMENT TO WRENBURY CONSOLIDATED CHARITY
Further to the discussion at the previous meeting the Council is asked to nominate a potential representative to the Wrenbury Consolidated Charity.
If there are no potential candidates at this time, the Clerk can contact the Secretary of the Charity, to inform her.
12 SHARED ITEMS(GUIDE TIME – 10 MINUTES)
This is an opportunity for Members to share information; however, no decisions can be taken under this item.
13 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
To agree a date for the next meeting.