Accessibility Statement for Cholmondeley and Chorley Parish Council
This accessibility statement applies to the Cholmondeley and Chorley Parish Council website (https://cholmondeley-chorley.co.uk).
This website is run by Cholmondeley and Chorley Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We also want the website text to be as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
3. How accessible this website is
4. Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, please contact the Clerk to the Parish Council.
The Parish Council will consider your request and get back to you in 14 days.
5. Reporting accessibility problems within this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the Clerk to the Parish Council.
6. Enforcement procedure
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
7. Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Cholmondeley and Chorley Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
In November 2019, Cholmondeley and Chorley Parish Council carried out an internal review of the Parish Council website at the time, noting a number of usability issues that made the website not as simple as possible to understand.
The review recommended the website design at the time be replaced with a new one using a WordPress template that is by design fully accessible. This process was completed and the current website was published on …tbd…
The current website, as re-designed, is …tbd… with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, …tbd….
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
8. Content that is not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
9. Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on …tbd…. It was last reviewed on …tbd….
This website was last tested on …tbd…. The test was carried out on all website pages by Cholmondeley and Chorley Parish Council using axe v4.5.3.
Since the website is small, all website pages were tested. Specifically:
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING CORONAVIRUS
- PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE REDESIGN
- The Parishes
- The Council
- Meetings 2020
- Meetings 2019
- Neighbourhood Plan
- Useful Information